Wiley Rock Schoolhouse
The Wiley Rock Schoolhouse was built in 1938 and served as an annex to the adjacent high school. It provided space for classes in agriculture, a blacksmith shop for manual training, and a sound-proof music room for the band and orchestra. While successfully serving these purposes, the building went on to provide other educational opportunities.
The building’s walls were made of concrete blocks reused from the former Equity Building in downtown Wiley, while its facade and front curb along Main Street used uncoursed sandstone slabs quarried from near the Arkansas River.