This building was the community’s first modern recreational facility and reflects the functional design and use of local materials that are characteristic of WPA buildings.
This stone stadium was built by the WPA in 1941.
Prowers Housing Welfare Complex
The housing complex represents a remarkable effort by Prowers County to provide public housing for its needy during the depression.
Douglas Crossing Bridge
Constructed in 1936 of locally quarried stone by an eight-man WPA crew, this filled arch was faced with rusticated stone and features six, 14-foot span, semicircular arches springing from battered piers.
Old Holly City Hall
The 1938 Holly City Hall held the town’s police and fire departments, library, and a multi-use community room.
The Hartman Gymnasium was built by the WPA in 1938 /1939 and quickly became an important center for athletic events and community gatherings.
Willow Creek Park
Willow Creek Park was Colorado’s first CWA project and the first planned park in Lamar, providing a location for active and passive recreation activities.
Wiley Rock Schoolhouse
The Wiley Rock Schoolhouse was built in 1938 and served as an annex to the adjacent high school.
Forty-foot-tall Pike’s Tower is located in the eastern section of Willow Creek Park and was developed in 1933 as Colorado's first Works Progress Administration (WPA) depression-era work project in Lamar.