117 South Main
Built in 1889, this was The Opera House, which also contained other businesses on the ground floor. Before the 1891 fire, a barbershop operated here and was on record as the oldest in the state still in operation. Various programs were held in The Opera House, which later became the Pioneer Theater.
The Shore Arts Center was originally a dry goods store, and by 1906, furniture and hardware were sold here too. Between 1911 and 1925, it was a barbershop, pool hall, and a newspaper office. For a while, it was a successful café until the building was destroyed in a fire. A clothing store operated here through the 90s before the building was donated to the Arkansas Valley Wind & Percussion Ensemble in 2006 by the Shore Family.