322 South Main – Alamo Hotel
The Alamo Hotel was built in 1936 and operated as a hotel until 1970. The original plans included a swimming pool on the roof, but that was never added. The Lamar Housing Authority purchased the property in 1985, remodeled it for senior housing, and renamed it Alamo Apartments. Now with new owners, the building offers furnished and unfurnished apartments for long and short-term rentals.